专栏名称: 可可英语
可可英语创办于2005年,致力于打造集实用性,互动性,娱乐性为一体的专业免费英语学习平台。官方网站:http:/www.kekenet.com
目录
相关文章推荐
清晨朗读会  ·  渊源直播 ·  3 天前  
考研斯基师兄  ·  考研英语|阅读理解分类词汇 ·  3 天前  
考研斯基师兄  ·  考研英语|阅读理解分类词汇 ·  3 天前  
清晨朗读会  ·  渊源直播 ·  1 周前  
恶魔奶爸  ·  麦琳真的太冤了,她才是唯一的受害者! ·  1 周前  
BetterRead  ·  怎样用AI辅导孩子阅读? ·  6 天前  
51好读  ›  专栏  ›  可可英语

♤ BBC英语六分钟|安排会议

可可英语  · 公众号  · 英语  · 2017-02-09 17:07

正文

【新朋友】点击标题下面蓝字可可英语加关注

【老朋友】点击手机右上角图标转发分享内容

【听音频,也可猛戳左下角“阅读原文”】

This is 6 Minute English from BBC Learning English dot com.
这里是bbclearningenglish.com英语六分钟节目。
Feifei: Hello, I'm Feifei and this is 6 Minute English.
大家好,我是菲菲,这里是英语六分钟。
Neil: Hi, I'm Neil.
我是尼尔。
Feifei: How are you Neil and what have you been up to?
你好,尼尔,你最近在忙什么呢?
Neil: I'm very well, thank you. I've been listening to the news a lot this week.
我很好,谢谢。这周我收听了很多新闻。
Feifei: Oh yeah?
是吗?
Neil: Yes, there are all kinds of things going on, lots of important people getting together, discussing important things... and it got me thinking about meetings and what it's like trying to arrange a time and place to suit everyone.
是的,最近发生了各种各样的事情,很多重要的人聚集在一起,讨论重要的事情……这让我想到了会议,尝试安排适合每个人的时间和地点会是怎样的情景。


Feifei: Oh it's such a pain trying to get people together: if it's only a couple of people it's not too bad but when you need four or five people there's always someone who wants a different time or a different place or a different date.
让人们聚集在一起真是一件痛苦的事情:如果只有一两个人还不至于那么糟糕,但当你需要把四五个人聚集到一起的时候,总有人想要安排一个不同的时间、不同的地方或不同的日期。
Neil: And you're not the only one who feels that way Feifei - let's hear from some of our friends and colleagues talking about arranging meetings. How easy is it to find a time and place that everyone's happy with?
菲菲,并不只是你自己有这种感觉,让我们来听听一些朋友和同事关于安排会议的言论。找一个大家都满意的时间和地点是否容易呢?
Vox 1: In Brazil it's very easy to arrange a meeting because Brazilian people aren't very formal, we can have a meeting anywhere: on the corridor or in a room or around a desk, so it's very easy to arrange a meeting in Brazil.
在巴西,安排一场会议是很容易的,因为巴西人不是很正式,会议可以安排在任何一个地方:在走廊,在一个房间里,或者围着一张桌子。所以,在巴西很容易安排一场会议。
Vox 2: In China if you have a meeting, you would usually call people to say we have a meeting by phone, or if you see them in the office you would say we have a meeting, that's about it. It's normally quite easy to fit in a meeting.
在中国,如果你想开个会,你通常会打电话告诉他们我们要开会,或者如果你在办公室看见他们,你会直接告诉他我们要开会,仅此而已。一般情况下,组织一个会议是很容易的。
Vox 3: In Indonesia the manager would normally arrange a meeting, he or she will have to check if everyone can attend. It's quite tricky to set up a time that suits everyone due to different schedules, so sometimes not everyone can attend.
在印尼,通常由经理安排会议,他或她必须确认是否每个人都能参加。约定一个适合每个人的时间是相当棘手的,因为每个人都有不同的日程,所以有时并不是每个人都能参加。
Feifei: Oh you're right Neil. I'm not the only one who thinks it's a pain.
你说的对,尼尔。并不只有我一个人认为这件事难办。
Neil: Well, like it or hate it, arranging meetings effectively is a really important business skill.
无论你是否喜欢安排会议,安排有效的会议是一项重要的商业技能。
Feifei: I guess so.
我也这样认为。
Neil: I think I feel a role-play coming on…
我觉得可以开始角色扮演了。
Feifei: We're going to practise setting up meetings, aren't we?
我们要练习安排会议,是吗?
Neil: We are! We're talking on the phone and we need to set up a meeting. And I think I should be the boss this time.
是的。我们通过电话来安排一场会议。这次我当老板。
Feifei: We don't need a boss Neil, we can just be colleagues.
尼尔,我们不需要老板,我们只是同事。
Neil: Grrrr...
啊...
Feifei: Are you ready?
准备好了吗?
Neil: I'm ready!
准备好了!
Role-play role-play role-play.
角色扮演
Neil: Feifei, we need to set up a meeting. Are you available this afternoon?
菲菲,我们需要安排一场会议。今天下午你有时间吗?
Feifei: Er, sorry no... I'm in a meeting all afternoon.
对不起,我今天下午一直有会议。
Neil: OK, no problem. What about tomorrow morning? Shall we say 10 o'clock?
没关系。明天早上呢,10点可以吗?
Feifei: Tomorrow morning at 10. Let me check my diary... No, sorry I can't do 10. How does 2 o'clock suit?
明天早上10点。我查看一下我的日程。对不起,10点我没时间。2点可以吗?
Neil: 2 o'clock's good.
2点可以。
Feifei: Do we need to be face to face for this one?
我们需要当面谈吗?
Neil: No, I don't think so. Let's do this one on the phone.
不用,我们电话谈吧。
Feifei: Great!
好的!
Neil: I'll call you at 2.
我2点给你打电话。
Feifei: Speak to you soon. How did we do?
稍后联系你。我们说的怎么样?
Neil: I think we were pretty good! But we need to hear from the lady who knows all about business language.
我觉得我们说的很好!但我们还得听听这位精通各种商务语言知识的女士的看法。
Neil/FF: It's Business Betty!!
商务专家贝蒂来了!
BB: Hello you two!
你们好!
Neil: How are you Betty?
贝蒂你好吗?
BB: Fine, thank you Neil.
很好,谢谢你尼尔。
Neil: So what did you think of our role-play Betty?
你觉得我们的角色扮演怎样?
BB: I thought it was rather good! And here's why: First, you used lots of direct questions - and in British business culture, when you're arranging a meeting, it's OK to ask direct questions about people's availability.
我认为做的很好!下面是我的理由:首先,你提出了很多直接的问题,在商务文化中,你在安排会议的时候可以直接问某人是否有时间。
Neil: Neil, you asked: Are you available…? Are you available this afternoon?
尼尔,你问:你有时间……?你今天下午有时间吗?
BB: And you said 'What about…?'
你说“……怎样呢?”
Neil: What about tomorrow morning?
明天早上怎样呢?
BB: Neil, you also said 'Shall we say…?'
尼尔,你说“我们……怎样?”
Neil: Shall we say 10 o'clock?
我们定在10点怎样?
BB: And finally, Feifei, you said 'How does 2 o'clock suit?'
最后,菲菲你说“2点怎样?”
Feifei: How does 2 o'clock suit?
两点怎样?
BB: So I liked that a lot: you both used simple, direct questions to agree the time. That was very good. And, as well as agreeing the time, I liked that you discussed and agreed the type of meeting. Feifei, you asked Neil if she wanted to meet in person. You said 'Do we need to be face to face for this one?'
所以我很喜欢这种方式:你们都用了简单而且直接的问题来商定时间。这很好。在商定好时间的同时,我很赞成你们谈论并商定了会议的类型。菲菲你问尼尔是否想面谈。你说“我们需要面谈吗?”
Feifei: Do we need to be face to face for this one?
我们需要面谈吗?
BB: And Neil's answer was 'I don't think so. Let's do this one on the phone.'
尼尔的回答是“不需要,我们电话谈吧。”
Neil: I don't think so. Let's do this one on the phone.
不需要,我们电话谈吧。
BB: So, you both asked nice, simple, direct questions, and you agreed the type of meeting. I'd say that was a job well done! Now, I must be off, I've got a meeting to go to. Bye!!
所以你们问的问题都很好,既简单又直接,你们还商定了会议的类型。我想说做的很好!现在我要离开了,我要参加一个会议。再见!
Neil/FF: Thanks Betty, bye!!
谢谢贝蒂,再见!
Neil: Ahhh, she's so good that Betty, a real top-notch professional.
贝蒂真棒,真正的一流专家。
Feifei: She does know her stuff - and she really liked our role-play…
她在这方面很精通,她很喜欢我们的角色扮演……
Neil: She did! I'm feeling quite proud right now.
是的!我现在感到很自豪!
Feifei: Shall we go over it again?
我们现在再来一遍吧?
Neil: I think we should! Are you ready?
好的!准备好了吗?
Feifei: I am!
准备好了。
Role-play role-play role-play.
角色扮演。
Neil: Feifei, we need to set up a meeting. Are you available this afternoon?
菲菲,我们需要安排一场会议。今天下午你有时间吗?
Feifei: Er, sorry no... I'm in a meeting all afternoon.
对不起,我今天下午一直有会议。
Neil: OK, no problem. What about tomorrow morning? Shall we say 10 o'clock?
没关系。明天早上呢,10点可以吗?
Feifei: Tomorrow morning at 10. Let me check my diary... No, sorry I can't do 10. How does 2 o'clock suit?
明天早上10点。我查看一下我的日程。对不起,10点我没时间。2点可以吗?
Neil: 2 o'clock's good.
2点可以。
Feifei: Great! Do we need to be face to face for this one?
我们需要当面谈吗?
Neil: No, I don't think so. Let's do this one on the phone.
不用,我们电话谈吧。
Feifei: OK, speak to you later.
好的,稍后联系你。
Neil: I'll call you at 2.
我2点给你打电话。
Feifei: Bye.
再见。
Neil: And that's the end of today's role-play… and it's also the end of today's programme!
我们今天的角色扮演到此结束。我们的节目也要结束了。
Feifei: So it's goodbye from both of us – and please make sure you arrange to meet us again for another episode of 6 Minute English!
我们现在要向大家说再见了,欢迎继续收听我们下一期的BBC六分钟。
Neil/FF: Bye!
再见!
That was 6 Minute English from BBC Learning English dot com.
以上是bbclearningenglish.com英语六分钟节目。

推荐文章
清晨朗读会  ·  渊源直播
3 天前
考研斯基师兄  ·  考研英语|阅读理解分类词汇
3 天前
考研斯基师兄  ·  考研英语|阅读理解分类词汇
3 天前
清晨朗读会  ·  渊源直播
1 周前
BetterRead  ·  怎样用AI辅导孩子阅读?
6 天前
战略前沿技术  ·  2017年美国水下无人系统发展综述
6 年前