2016年即将结束。这一年,发生了太多事情,有的令人痛心,有的令人失望,但也有一些让人欣慰。
CNN给2016年写了一封信,回顾了这一年经历的种种。让我们一起来读一读。
Dear 2016, It's over!
亲爱的2016,终于结束了!
Dear 2016,
亲爱的2016:
Pack your bags; we're done. It was one disappointment after another with you.
收拾家伙,你该走了。和你在一起的日子,是没完没了的失望。
Just how bad were you? Let us count the ways.
你究竟多糟糕?让我来数一数。
You just took and took and took, 2016
You took Prince, Bowie, Cohen.
你带走了“王子”、鲍威和科恩。
You took Pat Conroy and Harper Lee. Muhammed Ali and Arnold Palmer.
你带走了派特·康洛伊和哈珀·李,拳王阿里和阿诺德·帕尔默。
You took Gene Wilder, Alan Rickman and Anton Yelchin.
你带走了吉恩·怀尔德、阿兰·里克曼和安东·尤金。
英国殿堂级摇滚偶像大卫·鲍威 (David Bowie) 1月10日因癌症去世,享年69岁。
John Glenn lived enough life for three people as a history-making astronaut, presidential candidate and US senator. You took him too.
约翰·格兰是创造历史的宇航员、总统候选人和参议员,他经历了三种人生,你也把他带走了。
No matter what your politics, you can't deny that Antonin Scalia, Tom Hayden, Janet Reno and Nancy Reagan made a difference in their lifetimes. They're all gone too, because of you.
不管你政治观点如何,你都无法否认安东宁·斯卡利亚、汤姆·海登、珍妮特·雷诺和南希·里根在他们的人生中留下了重大影响。他们也都不在了,全因为你。
The numbers are just mind-boggling:
这些数字看得人发蒙:
More than 80 in the Nice truck attack.
尼斯卡车袭击造成80余人死亡。
44 dead in the Istanbul airport blast.
伊斯坦布尔机场爆炸导致44人死亡。
32 in the Brussels bombings.
布鲁塞尔爆炸造成32人死亡。
49 in Orlando, in the deadliest mass shooting in US history.
奥兰多枪击案中49人丧生,是美国历史上最惨烈的一场大规模枪击事件。
7月14日,法国尼斯一辆卡车冲入人群
Cops shot and killed black men in Louisiana and Minnesota. A sniper killed five Dallas officers, the deadliest single incident fatality for US law enforcement since 9/11.
警察在路易斯安纳州和明尼苏达州枪杀黑人。一个狙击手杀死5名达拉斯警察,这是911以来美国执法过程中单次事件死亡最高的案件。
And the bloody, brutal Syrian civil war just dragged on. Those who were able to flee risked death in the Mediterranean's unforgiving waters, where more people died this year than ever before.
血腥、残酷的叙利亚内战迁延不决。死里逃生者冒死横渡危险的地中海,这片海域从未像今年这样经历过这么多的死亡。
叙利亚难民穿越地中海
(点击视频,回顾2016美国大选精彩瞬间)
We're glad the elections are over, but the wounds you inflicted will take a long time to heal.
很高兴选举结束了,可你撕裂的伤口需要很久才能愈合。
Republican Donald Trump won the electoral college and the White House. Democrat Hillary Clinton won the popular vote. And America's torn in half and uncertain of the path ahead. Britain's no better with Brexit.
共和党人唐纳德·特朗普赢了选举人票,入主白宫,而民主党人希拉里赢得了普选。美国被一撕两半,前路尚不明朗。退欧后的英国也半斤八两。
But hey 2016, we'll give you this
(点击视频,回顾2016令人温暖的瞬间)
You get props for getting some things right, like the brightest supermoon since 1948. The first World Series win for the Cubs in 108 years. And you did a solid for the McDonald family whose conjoined twins were successfully separated after a 27-hour surgery.
你也做了些好事,你带来1948年以来最明亮的超级月亮。芝加哥小熊队108年来首次夺冠。你帮了麦克唐纳家一个大忙,经过27小时的手术,他们的连体婴儿成功分离。
11月23日,一架飞机飞过当晚的超级月亮。
You gave us some much-needed laughter from Chewbacca Mom and two joyful weeks of Olympic thrills.
你让《星球大战》里的楚巴卡给我们带来期待已久的笑声,还送给我们两周精彩刺激的奥运会。
Oh, and during your watch, the US unemployment rate sank to 4.6% — the lowest in 10 years.
对了,在你的看护下,美国失业率降到4.6%,创10年来最低。
So yeah, you were better than, say, the year the bubonic plague took hold in Europe, eventually killing a third of the population. But that was 1348.
所以,没错,你比黑死病横行欧洲那年要好,那场瘟疫杀死三分之一的人口,可那是1348年。
The best part of you, 2016, is December 31 — the day you slink out of town.
2016,你最好的一天是12月31日,这天你悄么声的溜走了。
Let's hope 2017 is as good as you were bad.
让我们寄望于2017,愿它的好不输你的坏。
Sincerely,
此致 敬礼
The world.
世界
让我们寄希望于2017。
来源:中国日报网双语新闻
——推荐阅读——
你的大学每月生活费是多少?够花吗
2017年中国大学排行榜公布
全国高校撩妹套路排行榜