Fast food restaurants use other tricks too, like not showing a dollar sign or using a 9.79 or 0.89 pricing format.
快餐餐厅也会使用其他技巧,比如不显示美元符号或使用9.79或0.89的定价格式。
Pretty much $10, but you still think it's $9 because you read left to right.
实际上是10美元,但你仍然认为是9美元,因为你会从左到右阅读。
But what about the dollar menu, right?
但是特价菜单呢,对吧?
Well, dollar and value menus do exist, but they're often small and far off to one corner where they are harder to see.
嗯,特价菜单确实存在,但它们所占的篇幅通常很小,并且远离角落,很难看到。
And if you buy multiple items off the value menu, it won't necessarily be cheaper than a Happy Meal.
如果从特价菜单购买多种餐品,它不一定比开心乐园套餐便宜。
So it's not necessarily less profitable for them, but it accomplishes two things.
所以对于这些快餐店来说,它不一定利润更低,但它达到了两个目的。
It keeps the consumer coming, and it's catering to a consumer that is increasingly poorer in the case of these conventional fast food outlets.
它能够保持消费者继续光顾的兴趣,并且迎合了这些传统快餐店日益贫穷的消费者。
And even though fast food menus are big, their confusing layouts make it difficult to find exactly what you're looking for.
即使快餐菜单篇幅很大,但它们混乱的布局使得你很难找到真正想要的东西。
It's easiest to read the menu when you're close to the counter.
当你靠近柜台时,浏览菜单是最容易的。
But then it's time to order.
但接下来就是点餐时间了。