专栏名称: VOA英语听力
VOA美国之音英语听力资源精选,最新VOA常速、VOA慢速听力资源。每天更新,节假日不休。
目录
相关文章推荐
BetterRead  ·  BetterRead两娃月度书单 2024/12 ·  2 天前  
清晨朗读会  ·  清晨朗读3136:I Can’t ... ·  5 天前  
清晨朗读会  ·  渊源直播 ·  5 天前  
每日英语  ·  中国文化 | 围棋(A complex ... ·  4 天前  
51好读  ›  专栏  ›  VOA英语听力

【聆听】放慢脚步 享受生活

VOA英语听力  · 公众号  · 英语  · 2017-10-30 21:29

正文

放慢脚步 享受生活

Sometimes I think we need to get off this wild ride—the ride we call life—as we know it.

有时我在想我们需要离开我们称之为生活的东西—我们都了解这一点。

As the song goes, “slow down, you're moving too fast, you got to make the good times last.”

就如同歌中所唱的:“放慢你的脚步,你太快了,你必须让最好的时光在最后到来。”

Why have we become addicted to fast, and still it's not good enough?

为什么我们沉迷于快节奏,但仍然觉得不够快?

Computers and gadgets need to be faster and faster.

电脑和各种小东西需要得越来越快。

Fast food can't get fast enough.

不能再快的快餐。

I recently went to a wedding, and it was over so quickly.

我最近去参加了一次婚礼,它结束的非常快。

We don't want to wait for other cars;

我们不想等待其他车辆;

we want the ultimate fast lane, with the ultimate speed.

我们希望终极快车道与终极速度。



Heck, if we could afford it.

见鬼,如果我们能负担得起的话。

I'm sure we would take rockets instead of planes.

我确信我们会搭乘火箭,而不是飞机。

But even that's not fast enough.

但即使是这样还不够快。

Until the science fictions dream of moving one place to another in a blink of an eye becomes reality, we'll be unhappy.

也许像科幻片那样一眨眼就从一个地方移动到另一个地方变成现实,我们也会不高兴。

Perhaps speed is not the answer to happiness all the time.

也许速度并不一直是是幸福的答案。

Once in a while, slowing down is the answer.

有时放慢脚步才是答案。

At least enjoy the ride we call life.

至少享受下我们称之为生活的这个过程。

It's not just about getting to the end—the end will come, but enjoying the trip.

这不仅仅是结束—最终都会结束,但享受过程才至关重要。

That's what I need to do more of.

这就是我还需要做更多的。


扫一扫关注每日口语,和小仙女一起嗨不停!

每日口语

每天一点分享

你我共同进步

长按二维码关注