I'm not good enough for anything.我真的什么都干不好。
It is literally impossible to be a woman.成为好女人几乎是不可能的。
You are so beautiful and so smart, and it kills me that you don't think you're good enough.你说你都这么漂亮,这么聪明了,还说自己不够好, 这让我情何以堪。
Like we have to always be extraordinary.好像我们必须时刻做到无可挑剔。
But somehow, we're always doing it wrong.可事与愿违 我们又总是一错再错。
You have to be thin but not too thin,你必须瘦又不能太瘦,
and you can never say you want to be thin.你不能说自己想瘦。
You have to say you want to be healthy,你得说 你是为了健康。
but also you have to be thin.所以不得不逼着自己瘦。
You have to have money, but you can't ask for money你要有钱,但是不能张口要钱。
because that's crass.否则就是俗。
You have to be a boss but you can't be mean.你要往上爬,但不能靠手腕。
You have to lead, but you can't squash other people's ideas.要有领导力,但不能压制别人的想法。
You're supposed to love being a mother, but don't talk about your kids all the damn time.你必须喜欢当妈妈,但不能整天把孩子挂在嘴上。
You have to be a career woman but also always be looking out for other people.你要有自己的事业,但同时你得把身边的人照顾得无微不至。
1______________________.
You're supposed to stay pretty for men but not so pretty that you tempt them too much or that you threaten other women你要为男人而美,但不能过度,让男人有非分之想或者让女人有危机感,
because you're supposed to be a part of the sisterhood but always stand out.因为要想融入女人圈就不能过于突出。
And always be grateful.你必须懂得感恩。
But never forget that the system is rigged,但是别忘了系统是受操控的,
so find a way to acknowledge that but also always be grateful.你要想办法接受,同时还要心存感激。
You have to never get old,你永远不能变老,
never be rude, never show off,永远不能失态,永远不能炫耀,
never be selfish, never fall down,永远不能自私, 永远不能消沉,
never fail, never show fear, 不能失败,不能胆怯,
never get out of line.永远不能离经叛道。
It's too hard, it's too contradictory,这太困难了,处处都是矛盾,
and nobody gives you a medal or says thank you.而且绝对不会有人奖励你或感谢你。
And it turns out, in fact,到了最后,
that not only are you doing everything wrong你不但做错了所有事,
but also everything is your fault.而且所有的错都怪在你头上。
2_______________________.
And if all of that is also true for a doll如果我说的这些对玩偶来说也一样,
just representing a woman...这个玩偶还是女性的象征,
then I don't even know.那我真不敢想象了。