专栏名称: 可可英语
可可英语创办于2005年,致力于打造集实用性,互动性,娱乐性为一体的专业免费英语学习平台。官方网站:http:/www.kekenet.com
目录
相关文章推荐
清晨朗读会  ·  清晨朗读3098:Hello Kitty, ... ·  4 天前  
清晨朗读会  ·  渊源直播 ·  4 天前  
清晨朗读会  ·  渊源直播 ·  5 天前  
恶魔奶爸  ·  李子柒强势回归,为何却遭全网唾弃? ·  1 周前  
每日英语  ·  中国文化 | The Zigong ... ·  1 周前  
51好读  ›  专栏  ›  可可英语

★一分钟英语|Keep You on Your Toes

可可英语  · 公众号  · 英语  · 2017-04-06 21:00

正文

【新朋友】点击标题下面蓝字可可英语加关注

【老朋友】点击手机右上角图标转发分享内容

【听音频,也可猛戳左下角“阅读原文”】

Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目!
We have already learned the expression "tiptoe around something," which means to avoid directly expressing something.
我们已经学过“回避某事”,表示避免直接表达某件事。
Keep you on your toes
保持警惕
Does this idiom have a similar meaning?
这个表达有同样的意思吗?
How do you like your new Arabic class?
你觉得你的新阿拉伯语课程怎么样?
Oh, it's tough! The teacher gives us so many unexpected tests.
好难啊!老师会进行好多次意想不到的测验。


Wow, your class sounds tough!
哇,听起来好难啊!
Yeah, but it keeps you on your toes.
是的,不过它会让我保持警惕。
You have to be prepared for each and every class.
你必须每节课都要做好准备。
If something "keeps you on your toes," it keeps you alert, aware and ready to act.
如果某件事“使得你保持警惕,”你就会警戒心很高,准备随时采取行动。
A person can begin to run or jump more quickly and easily if their weight is on their toes.
如果某人把重量放在脚趾上,他就会轻松快速地跑或跳。
That is where this expression comes from.
这就是今天这个表达的来源。
And that's English in a Minute!
以上就是今天的《一分钟英语》栏目!