华为今年或将因美国政府的打击减少300亿美元的销售收入。6月17日下午,华为创始人任正非在深圳与到访的几位美国嘉宾座谈时,做出这一预测。此时距离美国商务部对华为的出口管制禁令正式生效已经过去整整一个月。
Huawei founder and CEO Ren Zhengfei has put a price on the U.S. campaign against his company — $30 billion.
That’s how much Huawei will miss its forecast for sales revenue over the next two years, Ren said, as it adjusts to a ban that restricts its access to U.S. technology and components.
Ren made his comments during a dialogue this week with tech gurus George Gilder and Nicholas Negroponte at the company’s headquarters in Shenzhen, according to state-owned media outlet CGTN.
Ren said Huawei knew it would face global competition, but did not expect the U.S. to be so “determined” to take a “wide range” of restrictive and “extreme measures” against the company — measures that went well beyond restricting its supply of needed components.
Acknowledgements of the hardship have been rare in Ren’s public responses to the challenges Huawei is facing.
In an interview with Caixin earlier this month, he said he was “very relaxed,” as “it won’t take so long” for Huawei to “achieve victory.”
But on Monday, Ran said the situation was “severe,” as it limited Huawei’s participation in global organizations and research projects.
He said Huawei needed time to take steps that will eventually make it “stronger.”