专栏名称: 可可英语
可可英语创办于2005年,致力于打造集实用性,互动性,娱乐性为一体的专业免费英语学习平台。官方网站:http:/www.kekenet.com
目录
相关文章推荐
清晨朗读会  ·  渊源直播 ·  5 天前  
清晨朗读会  ·  清晨朗读3074:Life lessons ... ·  5 天前  
英文悦读  ·  海外爆火的"very ... ·  6 天前  
英文悦读  ·  小学教材为什么要教pupil这种单词? ·  1 周前  
清晨朗读会  ·  渊源直播 ·  1 周前  
51好读  ›  专栏  ›  可可英语

❉BBC英语六分钟|误会

可可英语  · 公众号  · 英语  · 2017-03-09 10:08

正文

【新朋友】点击标题下面蓝字可可英语加关注

【老朋友】点击手机右上角图标转发分享内容

【听音频,也可猛戳左下角“阅读原文”】

This is 6 Minute English from BBC Learning English dot com.
这里是bbclearningenglish.com英语六分钟节目。
Feifei: Hello and welcome to another episode of 6 Minute English with me Feifei.
大家好,欢迎和菲菲来到新一期的BBC英语六分钟。
Neil: And me Neil.
我是尼尔。
Feifei: How are you Neil and what are we talking about today?
你好尼尔,我们今天聊点什么呢?
Neil: I’m very well, and today we’re talking about misunderstandings. A famous French writer once said that "Language is the source of misunderstandings" and with me in the studio today are colleagues Conrado and Stephani, who have come in to tell us all about a misunderstanding they had recently. Conrado and Stephani, welcome.
我很好,今天我们谈谈误解。一位著名的法国作家曾经说过“语言是误会的来源。”今天参加我们节目的还有孔拉多和斯特凡妮,他们将和我们一起分享最近遇到的误解的事。孔拉多和斯特凡妮,欢迎你们。
Stephani: Thank you.
谢谢。
Conrado: Thank you.
谢谢。
Neil: So, tell us about your story.
给我们讲讲你们的故事吧。


Conrado: Well, we work in the same company, but in different offices. And one day I was speaking to Stephani on the phone, and I asked her a question, and she didn’t know the answer, so she said "hang on".
好的,虽然我们在同一家公司工作,但是我们在不同的办公室。有一天我打电话给斯特凡妮,向她问个问题,她不知道答案,所以她说“hang on”(稍等)
Stephani: ‘Hang on’ means wait. I wanted him to wait while I found the answer.
‘Hang on’的意思是等一下。我想让他等我帮他问到答案。
Conrado: But I got confused, I thought ‘hang on’ was the same as ‘hang up’, and ‘hang up’ means ‘put the phone down, finish the phone call’
但是我很困惑,我以为‘Hang on’(稍等)和‘hang up’(挂断)是一个意思,而‘hang up’的意思是“放下电话结束通话”
Stephani: So when I came back with the answer, he was gone! So I called him back and told him the answer, then he asked another question, so I said ‘hang on’ again, and again he was gone! Three times I had to call him back!
所以当我找到答案后,他已经不在了!所以我打回去告诉他答案,然后他又问了一个问题,所以我又说‘hang on’(稍等),但是他又不见了!我只好给他打回去了三次!
Conrado: I didn’t understand why she was getting angry with me. She got really angry actually, before we sorted it out.
我那时不知道她为什么生我的气。她真的很生气,还好后来我们解释清楚了。
Neil: Hang up, hang on... That’s a really good one!
Hang up(挂断), hang on(稍等...)这真是一个好例子!
Feifei: If only you’d had Business Betty there to help...
要是你那时候有贝蒂帮忙就好了...
Neil: Ah Business Betty. (The door opens) Ooh here she is now.
啊,贝蒂.(门打开了)哦,她来了。
Neil/FF: It’s Business Betty!
这是贝蒂!
BB: Hello!
你好!
Neil: Hello Betty and may I say you’re looking absolutely fantastic as ever.
你好贝蒂,我可以说你和以前一样看上去棒极了。
BB: Thank you Neil and how can I help you?
谢谢你尼尔,有什么可以帮忙的?
Neil: We need some tips on avoiding misunderstandings.
我们需要一些在工作中避免出现误会的小贴士。
BB: Certainly. If language is the source of misunderstandings, the best way to avoid misunderstandings at work is to check what people mean when they’re talking to you. There are several ways to do this. You can simply say "What do you mean by that?"
没问题。如果语言是误会的根源,工作中避免误会的最好方法就是当人们和你说话的时候思考一下他们话语的意思。有很多种表达方法。你可以简单的说“你刚才说的是什么意思呢?”
Neil: What do you mean by that?
你那么说是什么意思?
BB: That’s right. Or you can tell the person what you think they mean, in your own words. Say "Do you mean…?"
这就对了。或者你可以问对方说的话是不是你理解的那个意思,你可以说“你的意思是...?”
Neil: Do you mean…?
你的意思是...?
BB: Or "So, are you saying…?"
或者“所以,你说的是....?”
Neil: So, are you saying…?
所以,你说的是....?
BB: Or "Correct me if I’m wrong, but do you mean…?"
再或者“如果我说错了,请纠正,但你的意思是...?”
Neil: Correct me if I’m wrong, but do you mean…?
如果我说错了,请纠正,但你的意思是...?
BB: Good Neil. You can say "Sorry, I’m not sure if I got that. Are you saying…?"
很好尼尔。你可以说“不好意思,我不知道我理解的对不对。你说的是....?”
Neil: Sorry, I’m not sure if I got that. Are you saying…?
不好意思,我不知道我理解的对不对。你说的是....?
BB: Or you can ask the other person to explain what they mean. Say something like "Sorry, what exactly do you mean by that?"
或者你可以让对方给你解释他们话语的意思。你可以说向“抱歉,你那么说的意思是什么?”
Neil: Sorry, what exactly do you mean by that?
抱歉,你那么说的意思是什么?
BB: Or say "Sorry, could you go over that again?"
或者说“不好意思,你能再说一遍吗?”
Neil: Sorry, could you go over that again?
不好意思,你能再说一遍吗?
BB: "Could you expand on that?"
“你能解释一下吗?”
Neil: Could you expand on that?
你能解释一下吗?
BB: And finally, another way to avoid misunderstandings is to check that the person you’re talking to has understood you. Just ask them! Say something like "Is that clear?"
最后,还有一个避免出现误会的方法是询问对方是否听明白了你说的是什么。直接问他们!比如像“明白了吗?”之类的话。
Feifei: Is that clear?
明白了吗?
BB: Or, after an explanation, say "Does that make everything clear?"
或者,解释完后问一下“都明白了吗?”
Feifei: Does that make everything clear?
都明白了吗?
BB: And never forget the golden rule of avoiding misunderstandings – if in doubt, ask! It’s better to ask now than make a mistake later.
绝对不要忘记避免误会的黄金法则——如果有疑问,一定要问!比起后面一熬犯的错误当时问会好一些。
Neil: Thanks Betty.
谢谢贝蒂。
BB: You’re welcome. Bye!
不客气。再见!
Neil/FF: Bye!
再见!
Neil: She’s so good... don’t you think so, Conrado and Stephani? Don’t you think she’s brilliant - Business Betty?
她真是好厉害...孔拉多和斯特凡妮,你们觉得呢?你们难道不觉得她很聪明吗?
C & S: Oh yes!
是啊!
Feifei: Well that’s very good because we’re about to put it to the test!
真的很不错,因为我们要就此来个小测试!
Neil: Yes Conrado and Stephani. Let’s imagine that you’re back there now in your offices you’re having this conversation that got you into so much trouble. But this time use some of Betty’s tips and see if you can get it right.
好的。孔拉多和斯特凡妮,我们假设你现在又回去你的办公室了,你又回到让你陷入很多麻烦的对话里。但是这次你运用贝蒂给的贴士来看看你是不是可以解决问题。
Feifei: Does that make sense? Have another go at the hang on / hang up conversation, but this time do what Betty suggested. OK? Are you ready?
行的通吗?再来一次稍等/挂断的对话,但这次按贝蒂建议的去做。可以吗?准备好了吗?
C & S: Yes, we are ready.
嗯,我们准备好了。
Conrado: Ring ring!
电话响了。
Stephani: Hello, Stephani speaking.
你好,我是斯特凡妮。
Conrado: Hello Stephani, it’s Conrado. I just wanted to ask if the reports are ready.
你好斯特凡妮,我是 孔拉多。我打电话是想问问报告是否都准备好了。
Stephani: The reports… do you mean the monthly reports or the yearly reports?
报告...你说的是月报告还是年报告?
Conrado: Oh sorry, yes, the monthly reports.
哦,不好意思,是月报告。
Stephani: The monthly reports. OK, just hang on.
月报告。好的,请稍等。
Conrado: Sorry, I’m not sure if I got that. Are you saying "Wait a minute"?
不好意思,我不是很明白你说的。你的意思是说“稍等”吗?
Stephani: Yes, just hang on a couple of minutes please.
是的,等我几分钟,别挂电话啊。
Conrado: OK.
好的。
Stephani: (A couple of minutes' later)Hello Conrado, sorry to keep you waiting. The monthly reports are nearly ready - the accountant is finishing them this afternoon.
(几分钟后)你好,孔拉多,抱歉让你久等了。月报告快完成了,财务今天下午会做好。
Conrado: Correct me if I’m wrong, but do you mean they’ll be ready by the end of today?
如果我说错了请指正,你的意思是说今天下班前会准备好月报告吗?
Stephani: Yes, they’ll be ready by 5 o’clock today. Does that make everything clear?
是的,下午5点前会完成。你都清楚了吗?
Conrado: Oh yes, thanks, that’s great. Thank you very much!
是的,谢谢,真是太好了,非常感谢!
Stephani: You’re welcome.
不客气。
Feifei: And that’s the end of today’s role-play!
情景模拟就到这里了!
Neil: How was it for you two?
你们俩觉得怎么样?
Conrado: It was great, much much better.
太棒了,比之前好了很多。
Stephani: Yes, I wish we’d done it that way in the first place.
是的,要是一开始我们知道这样做就好了。
Neil: That’s good and that’s it.
很好,以上就是今天所有的节目内容。
Feifei: Are you saying that we’ve reached the end of today’s programme?
你是说我们今天的节目接近尾声了?
Neil: Yes we have, so thanks for helping us out today Conrado and Stephani. It’s goodbye from all of us. Join us again for another 6 Minute English!
是的,也谢谢今天帮助我们的孔拉多和斯特凡妮。我代我们全体人员说跟你们说声再见。请记得收听我们下期的节目。
All: Bye!
再见