专栏名称: VOA英语听力
VOA美国之音英语听力资源精选,最新VOA常速、VOA慢速听力资源。每天更新,节假日不休。
目录
相关文章推荐
清晨朗读会  ·  渊源直播 ·  3 天前  
清晨朗读会  ·  渊源直播 ·  昨天  
BetterRead  ·  为什么我会让孩子读张兰的自传? ·  3 天前  
清晨朗读会  ·  渊源直播 ·  5 天前  
51好读  ›  专栏  ›  VOA英语听力

【今日美文】当有天老去 不要优雅 要另一种活法

VOA英语听力  · 公众号  · 英语  · 2017-07-31 21:47

正文




Warning:要变成一个年轻的奶奶

作者:[英]Jenny Joseph(珍妮·约瑟夫)

中文译者: Sean



Warning


When I am an old woman I shall wear purple

当我变成一个老奶奶,我就一身紫衣装扮


With a red hat which doesn't go, and doesn't suit me.

配一顶红帽子;管它风格搭不搭,颜色艳不艳


And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves

养老金呢,都花了买白兰地和夏季手套


And satin sandals, and say we've no money for butter.

以及缎子凉鞋;然后说,现在连买黄油的钱都没了。


I shall sit down on the pavement when I'm tired

累了,我就在马路牙子上坐一会


And gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bells

商店里有什么免费我统统都给收了;

没事就按按警报解个闷


And run my stick along the public railings

我要把拐杖在围栏上划得叮当乱响


And make up for the sobriety of my youth.

报复一下青春年少时的不敢做不敢当


I shall go out in my slippers in the rain

下雨了,我就趿拉着拖鞋出去散步


And pick flowers in other people's gardens

偷偷摘邻居几朵花,谁让他们院子里花团锦簇


and learn to spit.

有痰呢,我就吐


You can wear terrible shirts and grow more fat

什么难看我穿什么,长几斤肉又算什么


And eat three pounds of sausages at a go

饿了我就一口气吞三斤香肠


Or only bread and pickle for a week

要么呢,我就一整个礼拜,天天面包就泡菜


And hoard pens and pencils and beermats and things in boxes.

我爱好收藏;

看到谁的钢笔、铅笔、啤酒垫子什么的好看

都往我的小盒子里装


But now we must have clothes that keep us dry

可是,现在我们还得是正襟危坐地端着


And pay our rent and not swear in the street

不拖房租,不骂人家爹娘


And set a good example for the children.

给孩子们竖立一个好榜样


We must have friends to dinner and read the papers.

我们时不时请朋友聚个餐;

没事就拿着报纸翻一翻。


But maybe I ought to practice a little now?

又突然想到,我是不是现在就应该上手练一练?


So people who know me are not too shocked and surprised

免得我一下子老了,把人家吓得浑身冷汗


When suddenly I am old, and start to wear purple.







请到「今天看啥」查看全文


推荐文章
清晨朗读会  ·  渊源直播
3 天前
清晨朗读会  ·  渊源直播
昨天
清晨朗读会  ·  渊源直播
5 天前
养花大全  ·  老公不孕小三却生出了娃……
7 年前