专栏名称: 虎扑翻译团
专业、有趣、丰富的篮球译文。——JRs出品
目录
相关文章推荐
左右为篮  ·  欧洲经济遇冷!一千多的法国进口AOP干红+大 ... ·  19 小时前  
野球帝  ·  威少啊,把湖人快船都得罪了... ·  昨天  
野球帝  ·  罗斯退役啦!我讲点不一样的... ·  4 天前  
苏群  ·  国庆必备-酒前来一粒! ... ·  6 天前  
左右为篮  ·  听说,她是塞尔维亚最美女星? ·  6 天前  
51好读  ›  专栏  ›  虎扑翻译团

科比亲笔:着迷是我的天性

虎扑翻译团  · 公众号  · 篮球  · 2017-04-19 14:17

正文


On November 12, 1996, Allen Iverson dropped 35 on the Knicks in a win at the Garden.


1996年11月12日,阿伦-艾弗森在麦迪逊花园球馆砍下了35分,赢下了与尼克斯的比赛。


On November 12, 1996, I played five minutes and finished with two points in a Lakers win at Houston.


1996年11月12日,我上场5分钟,全场比赛得到2分,帮助湖人在休斯顿赢下了比赛。


When I checked into my hotel room later that night and saw the 35 on SportsCenter, I lost it. I flipped the table, threw the chairs, broke the TV.


当我在那个夜晚的晚些时候回到我的酒店房间时,我在SportsCenter上看到了35分,我输了。我掀掉了桌子,扔掉了椅子,弄坏了电视。


I thought I had been working hard.


我以为我一直很努力。


Five minutes. Two points.


5分钟,2分。


I needed to work harder.


我需要更努力。


I did.


我做到了。


On March 19, 1999, Iverson put 41 points and 10 assists on me in Philadelphia.


1999年3月19日,费城,艾弗森在我头上得到了41分10助攻。



Working harder wasn’t enough.


更多的努力仍不足够。


I had to study this man maniacally.


我不得不狂躁地研究这个男人。


I obsessively read every article and book I could find about AI. I obsessively watched every game he had played, going back to the IUPU All-American Game. I obsessively studied his every success, and his every struggle. I obsessively searched for any weakness I could find.


我着迷地翻阅我所能找到的关于艾弗森的每一篇文章和每一本书籍。我着迷地观看他打过的每一场比赛,甚至追溯到IUPU的全美比赛。我着迷地研究他的每一次成功,以及他的每一次挣扎。我着迷地寻找所有我能够找到的弱点。


I searched the world for musings to add to my AI Musecage.


我沉思地寻找了整个世界,将信息添加到我的“关于艾弗森的沉思库”中。


This led me to study how great white sharks hunt seals off the coast of South Africa.


这使我研究了大白鲨是如何在南非的海岸狩猎海豹的。


The patience. The timing. The angles.


耐心。时机。角度。


On Feb 20, 2000, in Philadelphia, PJ gave me the assignment of guarding AI at the start of the second half. No one knew how much this challenge meant to me.


2000年2月20日,费城,在下半场一开始,菲尔-杰克逊给予了我防守艾弗森的任务。没有人知道这个挑战对我有着多大的意义。


I wanted him to feel the frustration I felt.


我想要他感受到我感觉的挫折。


I wanted everyone who laughed at the 41 and 10 he put on me to choke on their laughter.


我想要每一个嘲笑我让他砍下41分10助攻的人呛住他们的笑声。



He would publicly say that neither of us could stop the other.


他会公开地表示,我们都无法阻止对方。


I refused to believe that.


我拒绝相信这一点。


I score 50.


我得到了50分。


You score zero.


你一分未得。


THAT is what I believe.


这就是我所相信的。


When I started guarding AI, he had 16 at the half. He finished the game with 16.


当我开始防守艾弗森时,他在上半场就得到了16分,他全场比赛最后得到了16分。


Revenge was sweet.


复仇的感觉很甜蜜。


But I wasn’t satisfied after the win. I was annoyed that he had made me feel that way in the first place.


但我在胜利后并没有满足,我对于他之前首先让我拥有这样的感觉而感到恼怒。


I swore, from that point on, to approach every matchup as a matter of life and death. No one was going to have that kind of control over my focus ever again.


我发誓,自那时起,我会把每一次对位看作是生死攸关的事。没有人会再次对我的专注拥有那样的控制。


I will choose who I want to target and lock in.


我会选择我想要作为目标的人,并锁死他。


I will choose whether or not your goals for the upcoming season compromise where I want to be in 20 years.


我会选择让你下赛季的所有目标妥协于我在接下来20年里希望达成的成就,无论如何。


If they don’t, happy hunting to you. But if they do….


如果你的目标没有妥协,那这对于你而言就是一次快乐的猎杀。但如果它们妥协了...


I will hunt you obsessively. It’s only natural.


我会着迷地猎杀你,这只是我的天性。

虎扑篮球

翻译团

bball-fyt

喜欢这篇文章?长按二维码关注我们