It is now my pleasure to introduce you
我很高兴向您介绍
to the first of our two Whitman Marshals who will be addressing you today.
惠特曼优秀毕业生代表之一
Xinye Zou, otherwise known as Cindy,
邹欣烨,也被称为Cindy
from Jilin, China is an active scholar in the Syracuse campus.
来自中国的吉林市,是雪城大学一名积极的学者
Besides her four majors in International Relations,
除了她本科在国际关系,
Supply Chain Management, Marketing Management, and Entrepreneurship,
供应链管理,营销管理和创业方面的四个专业之外
she was also president of the Syracuse University Entrepreneurship club
她还是雪城大学创业协会的主席
where she grew the membership from 10 to over 100 within a year.
一年内把协会从10人发展到100多人
Fun Fact: she got the highest awards for all of her three majors in Whitman.
有趣的事实:欣烨本科期间获得了她在商学院三个专业的全部最高荣誉
Undergraduate Excellence in Entrepreneurship,
创业精英本科生代表
the Rober H. Brethen Prize for Supply Chain Management,
罗伯·布雷宁供应链管理奖
and Russell J. Hamilton Scholarship Award for Marketing.
和罗素·哈尔顿营销奖学金奖
Xinye dedicates her time to give back to the SU community as much as she can.
与此同时,欣烨致力于用她的能力来全心全意的回馈雪城大学
She is a teaching assistant in the undergraduate supply chain department
她是本科供应链管理部门的助教
and also a research assistant in the Whitman Behavioral lab.
也是惠特曼行为实验室的研究助理
Although she clearly achieved a great deal in the academic department,
虽然她在学术领域取得了很大成就
I would like to assure you and I know this for the fact that Xinye is not a nerd,
我要和你担保一个我知道的事实,欣烨不是一个书呆子
but she’s actually a young woman who has extraordinary high level of EQ
她是一个具有非凡高超情商的女孩,
and an open heart that truly cares everyone around you.
用她的真心去关爱身边的每一个人
Ladies and gentleman, Xinye Zou.
女士们,先生们,让我们有请邹欣烨!
Thank you Dean Nicholson
谢谢尼克森院长
It’s my great honor to stand here today,
今天我很荣幸地站在这里,
representing Whitman to welcome our distinguish faculty,
代表惠特曼商学院欢迎我们杰出的教师
proud parents, patient guests, and most importantly, the class of 2017.
自豪的的父母,耐心的客人,和最重要的2017届毕业生
There was one day I asked Google,
有一天我问谷歌:
hey Google what is the average base salary for Whitman graduates?
“嘿,谷歌,惠特曼毕业生的平均基础工资是多少?”
In 2016, it’s $55,736.
2016年是55,736美元
Then I looked on my own checking account balance - $0
然后我看了看我自己的银行帐户余额 - 0 美元
because several days before that I got rejected by Harvard Business School
因为几天之前,我被哈佛商学院拒绝了
and I didn’t know where to go after I graduate.
我不知道我本科毕业后该何去何从
I cried like a baby at that night, and my boyfriend told me
那天晚上我哭的像个傻孩子,我的男朋友告诉我:
“Hey! It’s not the end of the world. You still have options,
“嘿,这又不是世界末日,你的生活还有很多选择
you have job offers and graduate school offers. It’s all good.”
你现在手里有工作机会和其它学校的研究生录取通知,一切都很好吖。”
I replied, “But that’s not what I want.”
我回答说:“但是这不是我想要的。”
He said: “Then what you want exactly?!”
他说:“那你想要什么?”
Right. What do I want? I asked myself.
对,我到底想要什么?我问自己
Since I started my journey at Syracuse,
从我四年前来到雪城大学开始
I have been planning every step of my life.
我一直在计划生活中的每一步
What classes to take next semester?
下个学期要上什么课?
what internship to apply next summer?
明年要申请什么实习?
what major I should declare?
我应该学什么专业?
Everything I planed out worked perfectly within these four years,
我计划的一切都如愿达成了
except my plan to go to Harvard.
除了我想去哈佛商学院的计划
But thankfully, this experience made me awake.
但幸运的是,这次申请哈佛失败的经历使我醒过来
I realized life passes by very quickly
我意识到了生命转瞬即逝
and all my planning makes me focus on the future
我曾经所有的计划都使我专注于谱写未来
and not enjoy the present.
而错过了享受美好的现在
Therefore, I’ve decided to give up planning
因此,我决定放弃过度的计划将来
and enjoy my life in its most simple ways.
用最简单的方式来享受生活
Wake up in the morning; see the sun shining through me.
每天早晨醒来时,看阳光暖暖的照着我
Live thanking every day for the gifts I have received:
活着的每一天,都去感恩生命带给我的礼物:
family, friends and health.
家人,朋友,和健康
The journey ahead of us is going to be full of uncertainties.
我们即将面对的人生旅程将会充满着不可预知的事情
Even though one day you wake up in the morning
即使有一天你早上醒来,
and think you are the king of the world,
觉得自己站在了人生的巅峰
you might wake up on another day and think yourself as a piece of shit.
你可能会在另一天醒来,认为自己是个垃圾
But that’s ok
但是没关系的
All you need to do is to stay true to your authentic self
你需要做的就是保持真实的自己
and be brave enough to face whatever life gives to you.
勇敢地面对生活给你带来的考验
Try to be one of those grandparents who shock their grandchildren
希望你能成为那些通过蹦极,或赢得嘻哈舞蹈比赛
by bungee jumping or winning a hip-hop dance contest.
来给孙子惊喜的酷炫祖父母
So when you look back at your life,
当你回顾人生时
you will miss every moment,
你会想念每一刻,
knowing that you did the best you could
因为你真实洒脱的活过
to have a meaningful and wholehearted life.
你曾拥有过一个全心全意的生活
Approaching the end, I want to thanks to all the faculty,staff, and alumni
接近尾声,我要感谢所有的教职员工和校友
who provided me the opportunity to access the best education
为我提供这四年最好的大学教育
all of my classmates who helped me to realize my full potential,
感谢那些帮助我找到潜力和能力的同学们
and most importantly, my life-long best friends,
与此同时,我最想感谢的是在大学里遇到的我这辈子最好的朋友,
whom I called my superheroes,
我叫他们超级英雄
supporting me and have faith in me no matter what I do in my life.
在我的生活中,支持我,相信我
I want to especially thank Max Meyer, he is my boss
我想特别感谢我的老板马思伟先生
who helped me to grow as a big brother of mine,
他像大哥哥一样帮助我成长
who trusted me to join his company Getmii Inc.,
信任我加入他的公司Getmii Inc.,
the best company on earth
这是地球上最好的公司
and who offers a hand for me to reach higher than I ever imagined.
他给予我的教导,让我的人生达到了我未想过的高度
And finally, my dearest mother,
最后,我想感谢我亲爱的母亲
who came all the way from China to watch me graduate today
她从中国特地飞来美国,来参加我的毕业典礼
as the first person in my family to go to college,
因为我是家里第一个上大学的人
and who actually does not understand a single word I just said in my speech.
可惜,她听不懂英文,也不明白我刚才在演讲中说的每一句话
So please allow me to say a sentence in Mandarin
所以此刻,请允许我用中文说一句话
to tell my mother how much I love her.
来告诉我的母亲我超级爱她
I LOVE you mother!
妈妈我爱你!
Congratulations class of 2017!
恭喜所有2017届毕业生
I am so proud of what you have achieved.
我为你们取得的成就感到骄傲
All the best wishes for you and I will miss you a lot.
祝你们一切顺利,我会很想念你们!
Thank you!
谢谢!
——邹欣烨