专栏名称: 李晨老师教英文
跟随 北外李晨 老师提升英文素养与教学能力
目录
相关文章推荐
开平广播电视台  ·  突然解散!这个牌子的电器几乎每家都有 ·  昨天  
开平广播电视台  ·  热搜第一!微信又上新功能 ·  2 天前  
广东公共DV现场  ·  冲上热搜!一家6口, 5人中招,近期高发 ·  2 天前  
广东公共DV现场  ·  创新高!连续三天,300000000+! ·  4 天前  
广东台今日关注  ·  “收入飙升300%”!这一行业,缺人! ·  5 天前  
51好读  ›  专栏  ›  李晨老师教英文

苏纳克辞职演讲中英对照+习题

李晨老师教英文  · 公众号  ·  · 2024-07-07 10:27

正文

翻译 / 习题 @ 李晨老师教英文

开场词

1. Good morning, I will shortly be seeing His Majesty the King to offer my resignation as Prime Minister.

早安,我即将觐见国王陛下,提出辞去首相职务。


2. To the country, I would like to say, first and foremost, I am sorry.

首先,我想对全国人民说,我深感抱歉。

致歉

3. I have given this job my all.

我已经全身心投入这份工作。


4. But you have sent a clear signal that the government of the United Kingdom must change…

但你们已经明确表达了英国政府必须变革的意愿……


5. …and yours is the only judgement that matters.

……而你们的判断是唯一重要的。


6. I have heard your anger, your disappointment; and I take responsibility for this loss.

我听到了你们的愤怒和失望;我为这次失败承担责任。


7. To all the Conservative candidates and campaigners who worked tirelessly but without success…

对于所有辛勤工作却未能成功的保守党候选人和竞选人员……


8. …I am sorry that we could not deliver what your efforts deserved.

……我很遗憾我们未能实现与你们努力相称的结果。


9. It pains me to think how many good colleagues…

想到有多少优秀的同事……


10. …who contributed so much to their communities and our country…

……为他们的社区和我们的国家做出了如此大的贡献……


11. …will now no longer sit in the House of Commons.

……现在将不再在下议院供职,这让我感到痛心。


12. I thank them for their hard work, and their service.

我感谢他们的辛勤工作和服务。


13. Following this result, I will step down as party leader…

基于这一结果,我将辞去保守党领袖的职务……


14. …not immediately, but once the formal arrangements for selecting my successor are in place.

……不是立即辞职,而是在选择我继任者的正式安排就绪后。


15. It is important that after 14 years in government the Conservative Party rebuilds…

在连续执政14年后,保守党的重建工作至关重要……


16. …but also that it takes up its crucial role in Opposition professionally and effectively.

……但同时也要专业有效地承担起反对党的关键角色。

成绩

17. When I first stood here as your Prime Minister, I told you the most important task I had was to return stability to our economy.

当我首次以首相的身份站在这里时,我告诉大家,我的首要任务是恢复经济的稳定。


18. Inflation is back to target, mortgage rates are falling, and growth has returned.

通货膨胀已回到目标水平,抵押贷款利率正在下降,经济增长已经恢复。


19. We have enhanced our standing in the world, rebuilding relations with allies…

我们在世界舞台上的地位得到了提升,与盟友的关系也得到了修复和巩固……


20. …leading global efforts to support Ukraine…

……领导全球支持乌克兰的努力……


21. …and becoming the home of the new generation of transformative technologies.

……并引领新一代变革性技术的发展。


22. And our United Kingdom is stronger too: with the Windsor Framework, devolution restored in Northern Ireland, and our Union strengthened.

我们的联合王国也变得更加强大:通过温莎框架,北爱尔兰的权力下放得到恢复,我们的联盟得到加强。


23. I'm proud of those achievements.

我为这些成就感到自豪。


24. I believe this country is safer, stronger, and more secure than it was 20 months ago.

我相信这个国家比20个月前更安全、更强大、更有保障。


25. And it is more prosperous, fairer, and resilient than it was in 2010.

而且比2010年时更繁荣、更公平、更有韧性。

展望

26. Whilst he has been my political opponent, Sir Keir Starmer will shortly become our Prime Minister.

尽管他一直是我的政治对手,但基尔·斯塔默爵士很快将接替我成为首相。


27. In this job, his successes will be all our successes, and I wish him and his family well.

在这个职位上,他的成功就是我们所有人的成功,我祝愿他和他的家人一切顺利。


28. Whatever our disagreements in this campaign, he is a decent, public-spirited man, who I respect.

无论我们在这次竞选中有什么分歧,他都是一个正直、具有公共精神的人,我尊重他。


29. He and his family deserve the very best of our understanding, as they make the huge transition to their new lives behind this door…

在他和他的家人即将跨越这扇门,开启全新生活的重要时刻,他们值得我们最深切的理解和支持……


30. …and as he grapples with this most demanding of jobs in an increasingly unstable world.

……而且当他在这个日益不稳定的世界中应对这份最具挑战性的工作时。

致谢

31. I would like to thank my colleagues, my Cabinet, the Civil Service - especially here in Downing Street…

我要感谢我的同事、内阁成员以及所有公务员,特别是唐宁街的工作人员……


32. …the team at Chequers, my staff, CCHQ…

……契克斯的团队、我的员工、保守党总部……


33. …but most of all I would like to express my gratitude to my wife Akshata and our beautiful daughters.

……但最重要的是,我要向我的妻子阿克沙塔和我们美丽的女儿们表示感谢。


34. I can never thank them enough for the sacrifices they have made so that I might serve our country.

我永远无法充分感谢她们为了让我能够服务于我们的国家而做出的牺牲。


35. One of the most remarkable things about Britain is just how unremarkable it is…

英国最令人称奇之处,或许就在于它的平凡……


36. …that two generations after my grandparents came here with little, I could become Prime Minister…

……在我的祖父母几乎一无所有地来到这里两代之后,我能够成为首相……


37. …and that I could watch my two young daughters light Diwali candles on the steps in Downing Street.

……我还能亲眼见证我的两个年幼女儿在唐宁街台阶上点燃排灯节蜡烛的温馨场景。


38. We must hold true to that idea of who we are…

我们必须坚持这个关于我们是谁的理念……


39. …that vision of kindness, decency, and tolerance that has always been the British way.

……那种一直是英国式的仁慈、正直和宽容的愿景。

结束语

40. This is a difficult day, at the end of a number of difficult days.

这无疑是艰难的一天,也是一系列挑战日子的终章。


41. But I leave this job honoured to have been your Prime Minister.

但我离开这个职位时,为能成为你们的首相而感到荣幸。


42. This is the best country in the world and that is thanks entirely to you, the British people…

这是世界上无可比拟的伟大国家,而这一切的荣耀完全归功于你们——英国人民……


43. …the true source of all our achievements, our strengths, and our greatness.

……你们是我们所有成就、力量和伟大的真正源泉。







请到「今天看啥」查看全文